Wednesday 28 January 2009

The Mêlée

The longer I strive to take care of myself these days, the more I realise the significance of attitude or approach in life. Somehow, as I have begun to realise, that it is important than reality. The extraordinary thing is we have an alternative everyday regarding the attitude we will clinch for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. The only thing we can do is play on the one little filament that we have, and that is our attitude.
Watching someone leave from my life, (well you never entered it, I just made you a part of my world without realising anything), it does not make me cynical or harsh about certain emotions that I think will take a lot of time to get back to me again. Its just that unearthing them all over again is not the task that is on my priority list now.
Also firsts are always special in life. Apart from that the mollycoddled child that I have been, I am not used to any sort of soreness mentally.
I dislike certain things now. A little too much. I dislike myself for sitting at the same coffee shop and staring at the empty couch in front of me. I dislike my travel because the mind is in a wanderer’s stage then. I dislike being alone.
But there are solutions for everything. I am reading more then ever. I am watching more movies then ever. Listening to music more then ever. Writing more then ever. Shopping more then ever. Watching ‘Friends’ and the daily news a little too much, so that I am busy. Busy with life and its chores. One good thing is that all of it is also giving me the opportunity to become more passionate about certain other things. My family, friends and of course my reading sessions. I am just loving them.
I am converted over the fact that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. So back on the real track might take some time but I am just close.
Also I don’t want to push anything aside. Playing squash is indeed a tough task. I want to move on with some really special and wonderful emotions buried somewhere that deserve nothing more then a lot of deference and respect. I was honest and so were you. Therefore I want to ask for nothing. I just want to look at the stars again, smell the rain again, feel the wind, play with children and fight for my dreams. The fight has already begun and this time with my own self…..

…………………………………………………….
The title of the post means a fight or battle

4 comments:

Pallav said...

you are going pretty brilliantly like many your age won't go. good going girl, keep up that attitude, this will definitely get you places :D

oh and many more fish in the sea ;)

take care:)

N

Ramninder Kaur said...

hey girl! i can well imagine what you are going through. just be strong enough and hold your emotions tightly. they tend to run wild...love your spirit...way to go girl. take care.

bondgal_rulz said...

Battles with one's own self are the toughest ones.
Yeah, sometimes b'ful memories hurt more thans ad ones.
A fairly wise person has said "Do not let the events in life define who you are. Let who you are define the events in your life.

Great blog. :)

Bharti Bedi said...

i have started respecting u even more su..wishing the bestest
SMILE