Tuesday 28 August 2007

Admit Two

The breeze blows as I sit with a notepad in my hand to jot down a few points regarding a class assignment. The clock ticks, its sound totally drowning in the fan’s noise.

These fans create so much of noise, but the sound so much becomes a part of every night, so similar to a clock’s ticking. Though a ticking clock can irritate a little too much at times.

I look around. The world ‘seems’ to be sleeping, at least half of it is!

I often relate to nights very well. And I love being alone during this part of the 24 hours.

But today it is different. A struggle, a want, a very strong desire to feel contented. The inner being feels a little too unaccompanied.

I don’t feel like working at all on the assignment and the only words that I write down on the Notepad- ‘Admit two’.

And suddenly I hear a knock on the door and a beaming smile is what I see.

…………………………………………………………………..

Inspired by a story that I had read as a kid. It was also called- ‘Admit two’ but that involved a murder as well. Hmm can u recall?