Wednesday 23 April 2008

Finally Fifty!

It has been a little over 1 year (13 days to be precise) that I began with this blog and this is my 50th post on Meandering Recollections. And after all this hoopla that I have in my mind about my blog, I feel that I should have devoted more time to it. But the best part about my blog was that I wrote when I had this burly urge for writing, something unlike Nothigman who is really devoted towards churning out a new story every day, or unlike Island girl who would keep on writing things in her diary and post it when she has the time or unlike occasionally like Sid who would write about his everyday chores, now and then like Crazy apothecary who just disappears suddenly, sometimes like Random Ramblings where one liners are in abundance.

But one thing that I have realized is that my blog occupies a special place in my life. It hasn’t just made me a little more aware of the cyber world, the blogosphere has bombarded me with just so many emotions, so many write ups, verse, so many styles, a world where there is freedom in abundance, a world which is so unrestrained that concept of constriction does not apply.

Right from choosing the template which is black and grey (yes it isn’t white!) because i wanted to use the starkest of the contrast that exists but since life isn’t black and white, I used grey to write things that I never thought would see the light of the day and would have gone in the trash can (recycle bin to be precise, I hate my habit of not writing on the paper now and directly on computer) It has all been extremely special.

I thank all my readers- Nothingman, Island Girl, Zedekiah, Kindawierd, Impressionist, Codger, Crazy Apothecary and everybody else who visits my blog and posts comments have been looked after. Criticism or eulogy, I have enjoyed them all because for a comment to be critical or eulogizing, or for that matter a comment to be even there in first place, the writing has to be provocative and stimulating enough- good or bad. A lot of my stuff has been weird too but that’s how I am I guess.

As one of my good old acquaintances from Seattle had pointed out sometime back- “Journalists have a heightened perception of things.” (well he is going to pay for this one!). I just want to say that they are a little too sensitized towards issues which should not be equated with heightened perception. I have been fanatical about every word that has gone on this blog (except for a few)

Anyways, keep coming back and this blog is going to be there till the time I am there (I don’t say things that I don’t mean!)

4 comments:

Bharti Bedi said...

oh g mubarkan hon ji tuhanu..hehe...

sleepless in seatle eh??
wink wink

Impressionist said...

Congrats girl! :D
Way ta go!
now lets see if u keep up the promise! :P

-I

Alesea said...

@ Island Girl
dhanwaad ji...and seattle..basically im not too fond of the place (guess it has too many nerds and computers!)kidding!! and ya i know u love my sleepless in seattle post...wink wink!

@ Impressionist
Thanks
And yes as i said i do keep my word...

Anonymous said...

very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter.