Saturday 19 May 2007

The Moment before Ultimate
The world snoozes in a deep slumber
While I lay awake in bed
And think of - sunshine
Grasshoppers hatching and flickering across the countryside
The lustre stippled rocks embossed with the finery of a guide
Swollen peaches exploding as their splits give life to a newborn
Spangled in front of my eyes, are massive fields of the golden corn

Enthused by the atmosphere
The dormant passion in me rises to formidable heights
And an entirely discrete world inside me,
tries to penetrate the veil and fly like a kite
I now become aware of the power betwixt me and my soul
All I need is, to harmonise and channelise it towards my goal

As a girl finally tries to morph into a woman
I rise, elevated, to touch thee
The world suddenly gasps, and sits wide awake to see
While I wait for the final frontiers to coerce
The ice of human apathy starts melting under the heat
It seems that there is no place anywhere for the unkind deceit

That one moment, before the ultimate
Fills my being with hope and pleasure
A moment, like which there will be no other
As gentle as the dew on the grass
As passionate as the rolling ocean’s class

But suddenly I see myself falling back from the cliff
I pass the dew craggy leaves hanging limp
With drained, riveted half-shut eyes
I pass, the plum trees splashed
With a crimson gore of a slaughtered beast’s vice
I groan and shout my heart out
All beneath the dark wrapper of a creepy night sky
But my voice sinks in a cacophony of cries

Although, the only thing that I still recall
Is that one moment before the ultimate
I see the sea that beckons and charms
The unfathomable that delights and beguiles
Embracing the mysteries of the deep
The sea lulls the soul to a peaceful sleep.
.................................................................................
According to The Alchaemist, 'the darkest hour is before dawn' which according to me is not entirely true because that time can be as beautiful as the dawn itself.

2 comments:

Bharti Bedi said...

hay thats a gud thot the hour before the ultimate cud be as bful..
like El Dorado the journey is always bful than the goal..
keep posting..i do read..lol

Alesea said...

@Island girl
Thanx......n ya El dorado...lols