Tuesday 17 July 2007

Air… Is it Ours?

He smiled at me from a distance and blushed as he said ‘hi’, trying to sound confident and self assured but still a little unsure as to how I would react. Not very tall, thin and rather just a 3 to 4 inches taller then me, (by the way I am quite short. Five feet one and a half inchs to be precise)I had met him in my office and was senior there by 2 years but in the university I was his junior.
This guy was too good to be true. An overdose of genuineness which was quite irritating at times, but he passed of most of the times as a cute guy, who had his own theories of life and liked to abide by them, no matter what.

Then there was this immensely tall guy who would never look at you. Well how would he? I never came into ‘His line of fire’ and when I did for the first time I was scared. He would be seen with a ‘Hide and Seek’ and a ‘Mountain Dew’ most of the times but a chance chat with him once (dunno what prompted me to speak to him) cleared quite a lot. He still remains the wackiest and the brainiest guy I have ever met.

The ‘Hide and Seek’ guy had a stern looking friend whose name, that sounded like toffee was so unlike her. Absolutely no nonsense, I never saw her smiling much. Then there was this most handsome looking surd I ever saw. He irritated me throughout the year by calling me a monkey (Apart from my Madame cap in winters, there is another ‘Red’ reason to it.)

Also there was an ever smiling chubby girl who was too vulnerable to be a journalist but still did a great job. Most of my hugs in the day went to her. Also there was this victim of wardrobe ‘malfunction’ oops! She believed that she had the perfect body on this earth. And yes she did have it. Though a little too obsessed with it.

A full blown feminist was also there, who called herself to be the closest friend of the over genuine guy I was talking about. But seriously I thought he was her baby. Bossy that she was. With me, she was as nice as ever, though even louder then me. (Believe me. people can be louder then me) She had an incredibly industrious boyfriend who added a lot of new dimensions to the department but I still wonder as to why I never saw him on any of the parties.

Another guy I would like to mention here was this ‘Mr Intelligent’ (He loved this title), though a little uncanny. His project on ‘wall newspaper’ is still making waves. His girlfriend could be called as Miss Puckered Brow though. Well she will kill me if she reads this. But it was so rare to see her smile. She gave me a big hug today as I met her in the department. Guess she was in a great mood.

We talk about them everyday. The guy with long hair and beard (I am sure he is going to be a great filmmaker one day), two cat eyed girls. And yes, how can I forget another chap who believed he was practically a woman from inside, never used to bathe, but if you talk about most of the girls from my class, he would make a classroom of hearts flutter like a quivering mass of jelly in a way reminiscent of a speedy cardiac unit.

There was this girl with beautiful auburn tresses and yes a ladakhi superstar. His mole on the lips, oh damn! it was just so sexy.

Well these people are being terribly missed these days as we occupy their position in the 2nd year. As we sit in the law canteen today it seems the surd guy would loudly shout ‘Monkeyyyy’ from a distance, the hugging monster would run her heart to give me a hug, the shy guy would say hi from a distance and the tall guy would be too busy counting the choco chips to look at you.

I had the time of my life with you guys. Miss you people, as it is difficult to settle in your classroom.

The air is just not ours.

..............................................

A dedication to all my seniors.

10 comments:

Bharti Bedi said...

oh my GOD!!!
u r in trouble missy...hehehe

but couldnt agree less..the air is not ours....miss them...i wish our juniors were as good as theirs..lol...

ALL THE BEST...for we gotta ake some waves of our own...

Anonymous said...

datz absolutly true ya...v r really missin them...n ya!!! i loved the way u started...hahaha...wonderin what i mean???

Pallav said...

You...kid...are in big trouble...!! seriously...i'm sending this post to the whole senior class and they are going to come for your neck like wolves on a full moon night!

Well, I'm just kidding here ;) won't come for your blood, but full moon nights were special for my class ha ha. good observations...though I never count my chips, I let them fall where they may ;)

Take care and keep writing , comments will come, they take time :)

N

Anonymous said...

you had me smiling now missy...
all the best.
the girl with that toffee name.
all the best

Alesea said...

@Island Girl

Trouble...well dunno that but had to be honest....n ya our juniors..i really wish they were as good as us...but hope sweetheart...lets wait

Alesea said...

@ wild cat
Thanks for agreeing...but im trying to deciphar what u r thinking...dont go dirty baby...it ok..haha

Alesea said...

@Nothingman

Well thanks for not telling alot of people...but wont have mattered even if u would have...and full moon nights for u guyz..special..??
n u and chips have a great way to go..have fun with them
And comments yes they are alot of motivation

Alesea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alesea said...

@Annonymous

Well thnks for smiling and reading it, Nothingman has been doing some publicity....

Zedekiah said...

Aww....

Onw word and a big gesture


HUGS