Tuesday 24 July 2007

The Rainy Void

There are times when one wants to stop thinking about everything. Times when one just wants to put out of mind all that lies within it and look around with no perspective. Today was one such day.

The day was bright and sunny and water in profusion wasn’t really expected. But around 5 in the evening the breeze was indeed perfect. Perfect with my mood.And it started to pour soon.

The best thing that I realised was that I wanted to be blank and gaze. But void could be so good sometimes, I did not know. You just see and feel what is there, unlike other times when the void tries to dig in really hard, crushing the complete essence of existence.

Rain has somehow always given me this feeling of going back to school days. Another thing being that I have always loved to watch the rain, instead of drenching myself and enjoying it ‘on’ myself. I believe that rain reaches within me much more when I watch it. The colour of the day, puddles of water, people playing in it, some others trying to run for shelter.

Looking at rain does bind a lot of things at the same time. Exquisiteness, Fun and search for survival- as a package, right in front of your eyes, together, as different entities, but still going past each other without any concern with one another.

My friends played in the rain while I started to click photos.

But apart from all the splendour of the wonderful rain, the valid became apparent. The distance between void and valid was covered in not more then a second. I realised that I had to get back home from the university with Neha without the availability of the scooter or the car. (Nothing was available with us today.) So public transport was the best answer. But reaching the bus stop from the department was some ride. Water till our ankles, mud getting tossed and huddled under one umbrella with rains thrashing it from every side, we were soaked. To top it all, we had worn white tops today, a wardrobe disaster for the rainy day like today (we all had planned to wear white to demonstrate the solidarity of the batch in front of the juniors.)

What is a bus stop without a bus?

“Anxiousness personified.” Said Oliver Twist. For once he was right!

So a wait for another 45 minutes before we boarded an auto which took a good 30 minutes to make me reach home. Neha had to go further with 20 more minutes.

But I enjoyed myself in a very different way today. Rain and Void are words that are poles apart but this feeling was brought in by Rain and so positively that I just loved it being within me.

Empty spaces can be as beautiful as the rain itself. I am waiting for some more of these.

4 comments:

SiD said...

A few weeks ago, i also had similar feelings, when it started to rain.. having fun.. sleeping in the nice weather etc...later came to know that man people had died in the same cool rain... mumbai has its own kinda rains.... and for once you hate them when u have to venture out even for a maggi packet and when there is no light, no TV, no internet..

Zedekiah said...

Darling it will pour as long as your heart wants it to....The inner deluge never subsides.....there's always a storm brewing within....the voids are the puddles....they'll always plop, becasue they are hollow...but you are full ....theres so much to do....

keep writing this was brilliant


LUV

Alesea said...

@Sid
Hmm guess we depend so much on gadgets to concider enjoying rains....n mumbai..i can totally understand..the creativity of the cool rain that we talk about..people actually die in it..but glad to know that void and rain are togethe are felt by somebody else as well :-)

Alesea said...

@Zedekiah
luvd wat you said...hmm the glass is half full and not half empty..there is alot to do but this post is a moment put in words..voids are puddles..never thought of it this way..